The Alabama Partnership for Children & United Way of Central Alabama Success By 6 are proud members of the Help Me Grow National Network. Help Me Grow is a proven model that will connect children and families to resources they need to ensure all children have the best possible start in life.
HMG AL is currently being implemented in Blount, Jefferson, Shelby, St. Clair, and Walker counties.
How does Help Me Grow work?
The four program components are:
- Making the Connection. Work with call centers like 2-1-1 Connects Alabama to receive confidential calls from family members regarding a child’s developmental or behavioral concerns, assess the child’s needs and available resources, and refer families to developmental services.
- Building the Network. Develop ongoing relationships with programs in the community and support the maintenance of an updated resource inventory.
- Educating Providers. Educate professionals about the importance of developmental surveillance and screening while promoting access to developmental services.
- Identifying Gaps and Barriers. Collect data and analyze to document and identify needs to more effectively connect families to community resources.
Who Can Use Help Me Grow?
Anyone can call if they are:
Help Me Grow will:
- Wondering about a child’s development, behavior or learning
- Needing support to access services
- Assisting a client, family member, or friend seek information about developmental services
- Requesting inclusion of an organization in the developmental services database for referrals
For more information about help Me Grow Alabama, please contact contact Katie Naman by calling toll-free 1-866-711-4025 or by emailing email@example.com.
- Listen to concerns and help decide which referrals are right for your family
- Find services that are appropriate and available for referrals
- Connect children to services
- Follow up to find out if a successful connection was made